How to Keep your Marble/Terrazzo Flooring
Marble flooring can be the best flooring option but, it requires a little attention and regular maintenance. With time, acidic foods split over the floor and caustic solution marks, etches, strains and scratch development will appear on the marble floor and drive away the gloom. So, a regular maintenance, cleaning, resealing and polish is a must. Otherwise, it will lose its shine.
The very first thing that you need to make sure is whether your marble floor is sealed or not (seal = waxing). To find out if it is sealed or not, you can easily run a test.
- Pour some water on the floor and leave it for a while.
- If the floor is sealed, the water remains like you left it.
- If the floor is not sealed, the water will be absorbed and that colour of the place appear darker.
- If your marble flooring is not sealed, it is vulnerable to water and moisture. So, contact your supplier and polish it.
- You may also need to polish it every 5 years. If water or moisture is entrapped inside the marble, it will damage the floor. So, marble floor sealing is very important.
The best way to clean your marble floor is with water and detergents which purposely for marble & terrazzo. It is always recommended that you use stone cleaners that your supplier recommend you. If you use proper cleaner you can keep your floor shining for years.
Never use cleaning materials that we normally use at home, as those cannot protect and remain the shining of the floor. You can try the “Mr.Muscle Marble & Terrazzo 3 in 1 floor cleaner” to clean the floor. It can use to keep the floor shine and smooth.
Marble polishing is the most important step in marble flooring restoration. Marble floor polishing is best keep your floors shining and dirt and grime free.
Marble floor polishing can remove strains and dents that are likely to appear on floor surface. It not only removes the dents also, makes the floor smoother and restores it former shine.
Marble flooring can last for decades with proper maintenance and polishing. Marble flooring can be a wise decision for your home, but, if you don’t maintain it properly, it won’t be much beneficial. Use precautions against metal furniture bases. Use protections in high traffic areas.